Dive Centre Manly Photo Competition 2016
Do you have a passion for underwater photography? Take your best shot!
Enter our Underwater Photography Competition to celebrate World Photo Day, 19th August 2016. Enter any underwater shot taken in Sydney between 1 July and 31st August 2016 for your chance to win a 1-day photo-shoot and workshop on panoramic 360 underwater photos with our resident photo pro Rosie Leaney.
Entries close 31st August 2016. Full terms, conditions and details of entry below.
Terms & Conditions of Entry
1. This competition is open to everyone, excluding Dive Centre Manly staff and judges.
2. Images must have been taken underwater.
3. All submitted images must have been taken between 1st July and 31st August 2016 at a dive site in Sydney, Australia.
4. Dive Centre Manly follows the Conservation Rules established by EPIC®. Marine life should never be stressed or endangered for the sake of a photo. Conservation Rules will be applied to all entries, and decisions will be final. Entries suspected of exhibiting the following behaviour will be disqualified:
b. Animals with signs of stress (eg. Puffed puffers, inking octopus)
c. Animals moved to an unnatural environment or risky location
d. Marine life being touched (eg. Coral polyps, seahorse tails)
e. Divers exhibiting poor buoyancy control
5. Entrants must be the sole author and owner of the copyright of all images entered.
6. There is no limit on the number of photos that entrants can submit.
7. The judges’ decision on all matters relating to the competition is final
8. Prizes will be provided to the winner and the winning entry displayed on the Dive Centre Manly website and social media pages with credit to the photographer.
9. Copyright of images remain with the photographer, however Dive Centre Manly retains the right to publish the contest entries online to congratulate or feature the winners and their respective images and to promote future events. Winning images will be included in a press release for third party websites and publications in the context of congratulating and/or featuring the winners and winning images, and to promote future competitions. Strict guidelines requiring photo credit and specific one-time press release usage are issued along with the press release.
10. All entries must be received by 31st August 2016
11. Entries can be submitted via the following methods
b. Upload to social media ie. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. Entries must contain the hastag #DCMphotocomp2016. Ensure social media accounts are not private and are monitored in case organisers need to get in touch.
c. Submit in-store on USB stick
12. Entries must display the following:
b. Date of shoot
c. Location of shoot
d. Method of contact (via social media, email or phone)