Minke Whale Expedition – Spirit of Freedom
26 June to 29 June 2017
Minke Whale Expedition on Spirit of Freedom Liveaboard Boat Cairns
ABOUT THE TRIP
Join us in June 2017 as we depart from Cairns and travel along the rarely visited Ribbon Reefs, finishing 240 km to the north at the world famous Cod Hole. Over two and a half days you will have the opportunity for up to 11 dives and encounter clouds of colourful tropical fish, an incredible variety of vibrant healthy corals, giant clams, anemones, huge schools of cruising pelagic fish, and a family of giant potato cod.
This time of year is also Minke Whale season and divers may have the opportunity to interact with these incredibly inquisitive creatures. Your last night on ‘Spirit’ is spent in the bay at Lizard Island. Enjoy time ashore at Lizard Island the next morning, before boarding your return flight to Cairns. The one-hour, low-level scenic flight back will arrive in Cairns around 11:30am on Thursday. Spaces are limited – so be quick and reserve your place today!
- Transfers to/from Cairns city accommodation
- 3 Nights aboard Spirit of Freedom
- All meals whilst on board
- Opportunity for up to 11 dives & Snorkeling with Minke Whales
- Time ashore at Lizard Island
- Airfares to/from Cairns
- Travel insurance/personal expenses
- Nitrox Fills, Equipment hire
- Fuel levy & Environmental Marine Park Charge – $20 p/p
Price: $1,700 per diver (quad share)
Call us on 02 9977 4355 for more information or follow the link below.