Start your technical diving journey
If you’re interested in technical diving, but haven’t yet met the prerequisites for the PADI Tec 50 Diver course or PADI Tec 45 course, you can consider enrolling in the PADI Tec 40 course. It is the first subdivision of the full PADI Tec Deep Diver course and consists of the first four dives. Because you can do one of these dives in confined water (such as a swimming pool), many divers start the Tec 40 courses in the winter months, ready to continue in open water when spring arrives.
You’ll learn to use decompression software and dive computers to plan and make decompression dives with no more than 10 minutes of total decompression and not deeper than 40 metres/130 feet. You’ll use a single cylinder of decompression gas with up to 50 percent oxygen (EANx50) to add conservatism to the required decompression.
Since it’s part of the course, your PADI Tec 40 course training credits toward the PADI Tec 45 and Tec 50 courses.
The scuba gear you’ll use: Standardised technical diving rig, including backplate, wing, twin tanks, additional regulators and stage cylinder. You’ll learn more about this on the course.
The learning materials you’ll need:
You’ll receive the Tec Digital Deep Diver Manual (electronic version) which we will e-mail to you so you can complete the Knowledge Reviews before you begin the course. You’ll be introduced to:
- Tec diving lingo
- Emergency procedures
- Decompression and stage cylinder handling
- Gas planning
You’ll also be given a Tec Diving Planning and Checklist slate to use on the course and beyond.
- Be a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organisation)
- Be a PADI Enriched Air Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organisation)
- Be a PADI Deep Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organisation)
- Have a minimum of 30 logged dives, of which at least 10 dives were made with enriched air nitrox deeper than 18 metres / 60 feet
- Have a medical form signed by your physician
Course duration: 3 days
- Equipment Rental (Twin tanks, wing, 2nd regulator): $150
- Stage Bottle and Regulator: $50
View our calendar to find a date that suits you.