Minke Whale Expedition
3 Day / 3 Night
3 Day / 3 Night - Swim with Minke Whales & Ribbon Reefs Dive Adventure
Monday 13th July to Thursday 16th July 2020
There are few opportunities in a lifetime where you can experience the thrill of sharing the water with a creature as magnificent as a whale.
It’s only during the months of June and July, that divers may have the opportunity to interact with Dwarf Minke Whales in the warm waters of the Great Barrier Reef. It is a unique and remarkable encounter.
The swim with Dwarf Minke Whale trips are basically a modified version of the Cod Hole trips. We spend lots of time exploring the amazing dive sites of the remote Ribbon Reef, with an underlying focus at all times to maximise in water encounters with the whales.
- Cairns City transfers, 3 nights aboard Spirit of Freedom
- Up to 11 in-water sessions
- En-suite cabin with daily service
- Chef prepared gourmet meals – Australian style, Australian wines & soft drinks with evening meals
- Low scenic flight from Lizard island to Cairns
- Airfare to/from Cairns
- Mandatory reef tax $50pp
- Optional nitrox fills $75pp
- Gear hire
Cost from $1925pp
Green Level Trip – Minimum Open Water Diver.
Double/twin room: $2250pp
Quad room: $1925pp
Full gear rental available at $130 for duration of the trip.