PADI Divemaster Course
Develop your leadership skills
The PADI Divemaster Course
As a Divemaster you will be able to work as a diver and get paid to go diving!
The PADI Divemaster Course will transform you into a leadership level diver. Working closely with a PADI Instructor, in this program you expand your dive knowledge and hone your skills to the professional level. PADI Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities, qualifying you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers. PADI Divemaster is the prerequisite certification for both the PADI Assistant Instructor and PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor certifications.
What is involved:
- During the PADI Divemaster program, you learn dive leadership skills through both classroom and independent study.
- You complete water skills and stamina exercises, as well as training exercises that stretch your ability to organize and solve problems as well as help others improve their scuba.
- You put this knowledge into action through a structured internship and a series of practical training exercises.
- eLearning access pass
- Divemaster Enhancement pack
- 10 days course tuition
- Tanks and weights
- Gear rental (additional $300 for duration of the course)
Course Duration: Three weekends and additional practical assessment days
The bulk of the dive theory is completed online via elearning. On booking you will be sent an access pass to complete this at your leisure prior to day one. The course will take 10 days.The first six days of training are group training and are scheduled over three consecutive weekends. The last four training days are individual training sessions and are arranged by us at the end of the group training.
Course introduction and meet and greet.
Dive theory review and waterman-ship, plus stamina evaluations
Dive site setup and management
Search and recovery
Divemaster conducted programs workshop – confined water
Divemaster conducted programs workshop – open water
Discover local diving
After day one to six is complete you may complete the final four days following our course schedules joining our PADI Instructors for your practical assessments.
Open water dive students in confined water
Open water diver students in Open water
Continuing education students in Open water
Certified divers in Open water
By enrolling in a Divemaster course you’ve demonstrated that you’re serious about your diving. At this level, you should be looking at investing in your own gear.
The tanks and weights are included in the course cost. The regulators and BCD can be hired for $300 for the duration of the course – this is refundable against purchasing a regulator and BCD package from us. Your safety and the safety of other divers is important and there are a few pieces of personal equipment that PADI standards require you to own and take diving.
- Mask, snorkel, boots, fins and wetsuit – required for hygiene and comfort. If you do not have your own we can offer you special student package pricing
- Dive log book
- Dive knife
- SMB (surface marker buoy)
- Underwater Slate
To take this course, you must be:
- 18 years old
- A PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- A PADI Rescue Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- An Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (or qualifying first aid and CPR training from another organisation) course completion within the past 24 months
- Have at least 40 dives to begin the course and 60 for certification
Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement (PDF) signed by a physician within the last 12 months