PADI Tec 40
Take the first step to new adventures
The Tec 40 program is part one of the PADI Technical diving program and along with Tec 45 Trimix and Tec 50 Trimix forms the three-course entry into the world of technical diving.
This course is aimed not just at those wishing to go on to becoming fully-fledged technical divers but anyone curious about diving beyond the recreational range. The skill refinement, teamwork, task-load management and dive theory you learn will be an asset if you:
- are an Advanced Open water diver with Nitrox who has completed at least 10 dives in the 30m range;
- a deep and/or wreck specialty diver looking for the next challenge;
- a Divemaster, divemaster-in-training or rescue diver wanting to expand your dive knowledge and skills;
- want to understand more about equipment configurations, decompression, procedures etc;
- an Instructor wanting to dive at a level higher than you teach;
- like the idea of a challenge and lots of shiny kit and dive toys!
The course is run over three days and one evening and includes theory, practical applications, 4 intensive dive sessions and one qualifying decompression dive.
- Learn to set-up and use a full standard technical rig including twin tanks and stage decompression cylinder
- Plan and execute dives using desktop decompression software
- Understand and utilise gas management and dive planning strategies
- Qualify to undertake technical dives up to 40m with 10 minutes of decompression
- Advanced Open Water with Nitrox or equivalent with at least 10 logged dives to 30m
- Deep Specialty diver or equivalent
- Minimum 30 logged dives
Includes: Tec diver pack, PADI digital Tec manual, Tec dive planning slates and materials
Excludes: Equipment hire
- Twinset, wing, backplate, second regulator $150
- Stage tank and regulator $50
For safety and familiarity, it is highly recommended you own your own equipment for this course and beyond. Prior to the start of the course please contact us for a consultation regarding equipment and the best value packages to make sure you get the right gear!