PADI Tec 45 Trimix
Continue your Tec adventure
Once you’ve successfully completed Tec 40 or equivalent, it’s time to move to step two of your technical diver training with the Tec 45 Trimix course.
As you cross into the 40-45m depth range the use of helium in your diving mix is important to combat the very noticeable effects of narcosis and increased gas density. During technical dives it’s critical to be alert and able to respond effectively if problems arise. Diver safety is paramount, so at Dive Centre Manly Trimix is introduced at the Tec 45 stage. Not only will this increase your clarity and enjoyment of dives in the 40m+ range it will also give you a qualification to use up to 20% helium mixtures.
- Refine and strengthen the skills you learned during Tec 40
- Plan and execute accelerated decompression dives up to 45m, allowing more bottom time and opening up more dive sites.
- Learn about Trimix theory, gain an understanding of gas blending and develop more knowledge of decompression theory
- Qualify to use Trimix mixtures up to 20%
- Prepare yourself for Tec 50 Trimix
- PADI Tec 40 or equivalent
- PADI Rescue Diver or equivalent
- Minimum 50 logged dives
Includes: PADI Trimix manual, planning slates and digital Tec manual, helium mixtures
Equipment hire: stage tanks and regulators can be hired for use during the course but it is essential for students to invest in their own equipment for diving at this level.
Prior to the start of the course please consult us about equipment packages and options to suit you.