The PADI Self Reliant Diver Course has been developed to focus on the need for divers to be more self sufficient for those occasions when a buddy may not be around.
It is not a course for everyone and certainly not one to be taken lightly so the pre-requisites have been set accordingly.
It is intended for experienced divers who wish to develop their skills generally – perhaps in preparation for further advanced training.
The course covers:
- The value and application of the buddy system
- The philosophy of, and motivation for, diving without a partner
- Potential risks of diving alone, and how to manage those risks
The course would be ideally suited to:
- Marine biologists
- Divers considering Divemaster training
- Potential technical divers
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or have a qualifying certification from another traning organization
- Have a minimum 100 logged dives
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Successfully complete a dive skills assessment by a PADI Self-Reliant Diver Specialty Instructor
Duration: 1 full day + Orientation evening
- PADI Self Reliant Diver Study Guide
- 3 Dives
- Tanks & Weights Hire (Full gear hire $75)