Truk Lagoon Liveaboard
The wreck diving capital of the world
Truk Lagoon Liveaboard Trip – 27th April to 5th May 2019
A little background information on the wreck diving capital of the world
Truk Lagoon was considered the most formidable of all Japanese strongholds in the Pacific during WWII. In April 1944, Truk was reduced to rubble with over 70 shipwrecks, 400 aircraft destroyed or sunk by the US military in two huge attacks.
Almost 75 years later, the ghostly remains of a fleet of sunken wonders is left replete with war machines, personal items, tanks and planes now covered with an incredible array of fish life and soft corals.
Add the warm, tropical conditions and the stunning natural beauty of Truk itself and you can easily see how this is one destination on every divers bucket list. Wreck diving does not get any better than this.
- Return flights ex Sydney to Chuuk via Port Moresby on Air Nuigini
- Return airport transfers in Chuuk
- 7 nights dive package on Truk Odyssey including:
– double occupancy air conditioned accommodation with en-suite
facilities & entertainment systems;
– breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks and all soft beverages, spirits &
beer and wine with dinner;
– 6 amazing days of diving with tanks, weights and weight belt (up to 5
guided dives per day);
– 30% Nitrox fills for certified Nitrox divers;
– Truk annual dive permit.
- Technical Divers
– mixes up to 100% oxygen available at US $2 per cubic foot (please
advise if required in advance);
– use of doubles with dual valve isolation manifolds (DIN or yoke);
use of 30 cu. foot pony bottles;
– 1 nights accommodation at Blue Lagoon Resort;
– Australian departure and applicable airline taxes (subject to change).
- Travel insurance, meals other then specified, personal expenses, excess baggage fees, scuba gear rental, local Chuuk departure tax US $40.