Truk Lagoon Micronesia
A fleet of sunken wonders
Truk Lagoon Micronesia Trip – 20th to 28th July 2019
A little background information on the wreck diving capital of the world
Truk Lagoon was considered the most formidable of all Japanese strongholds in the Pacific during WWII. In April 1944, Truk was reduced to rubble with over 70 shipwrecks, 400 aircraft destroyed or sunk by the US military in two huge attacks.
Almost 75 years later, the ghostly remains of a fleet of sunken wonders is left replete with war machines, personal items, tanks and planes now covered with an incredible array of fish life and soft corals.
Add the warm, tropical conditions and the stunning natural beauty of Truk itself and you can easily see how this is one destination on every divers bucket list. Wreck diving does not get any better than this.
- Return flights Sydney to Truk via Port Moresby flying with Air Niugini
- Return airport transfers in Truk Lagoon
- Welcome drink on arrival
- 7 nights twins share accommodation at the Blue Lagoon Resort
- Extra late checkout
- 12 dive package + bonus dive
- 6 days of incredible diving with guides, tanks, weights and weight belt